Limited-edition collection inspired by Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege
CHICAGO – AUGUST 10, 2021 – SteelSeries, the worldwide leader in gaming and esports peripherals, and KontrolFreek®, the creator of Performance Gaming Gear™, today unveiled the limited-edition Six Siege: Black Ice Collection.
Inspired by the original Black Ice skin as seen in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege developed by Ubisoft®, the transparent, arctic blue color scheme brings the iconic skin to life with the Prime Pro Series Gaming Mouse, QcK Heavy XXL mousepad, and two Six Siege: Black Ice hybrid, high-rise Performance Thumbsticks®.
• Prime Pro Series Gaming Mouse | Black Ice Edition – Play like a Pro. Cloaked in the coveted Black Ice skin and co-developed with the world’s leading competitive esports players, the Prime mouse has a battle-tested shape meant for sustained comfort at the highest levels of play. Its lightweight form factor weighs in at only 69g to reduce hand fatigue when lifted. A hyper-durable design can withstand the most intense wear and tear, and a new textured matte finish ensures a non-slip grip. A TrueMove Pro sensor provides esports pro performance, and onboard customization makes selecting settings easy.
• QcK Heavy XXL Mousepad | Black Ice Edition – The pinnacle of surface performance and innovation. Sporting a panoramic Black Ice design, the QcK Heavy XXL Mousepad features a heavy durable micro-woven cloth and an extra thick rubber base for a solid gaming platform and added cushion for your wrist, the ergonomic XXL mouse pad is perfect for every gaming setup. Featuring a high thread count fabric with a smooth surface for optimized mouse tracking accuracy with both optical and laser sensors, SteelSeries XXL gaming mousepads are engineered for all levels of gamers and highly recommended by esports pros.
• KontrolFreek Performance Thumbsticks | Black Ice Edition – Enhanced grip and control. Fusing the icy beauty of the legendary Black Ice skin with an additional 13.25mm of height to original stock controller sticks for increased arc distance and precision, the Six Siege: Black Ice high-rise Performance Thumbsticks reduce the amount of force required for movements, decreasing hand fatigue, and improving accuracy. The result is maximized agility, which allows gamers to snap to their targets faster and more accurately to continue the siege. Available for PlayStation 5 | PlayStation 4 | Xbox X/S | Xbox One.
Available at SteelSeries.com, the limited-edition Six Siege: Black Ice Collection is now available for the following MSRPs:
• Prime Pro Series Gaming Mouse | Black Ice Edition – $69.99
• QcK Heavy XXL Mousepad | Black Ice Edition – $39.99
• KontrolFreek Performance Thumbsticks | Black Ice Edition –$19.99
For Six Siege: Black Ice Collection images: https://steelseries.box.com/v/Six-Siege-Black-Ice-Collection
To learn more about SteelSeries, visit steelseries.com and join the conversation at @SteelSeries. For more information on the KontrolFreek out KontrolFreek.com, and join the conversation on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Twitch, and Discord. #KontrolFreek | #FreakNation
SteelSeries is the worldwide leader in gaming and esports peripherals focused on premium quality, innovation, and functionality. Founded in 2001, SteelSeries improves performance through first-to-market innovations and technologies that enable gamers to play harder, train longer, and rise to the challenge. SteelSeries is the pioneering supporter of esports and competitive gaming tournaments, connecting gamers and fostering a sense of community and purpose. SteelSeries’ family of professional and gaming enthusiasts are the driving force behind the company and help influence, design, and craft every single accessory and the brand’s software ecosystem, SteelSeries GG. In 2020, SteelSeries acquired KontrolFreek, the industry leader in high-performance controller accessories, and Nahimic, the leader in 3D sound solutions for gaming. To learn more about SteelSeries, visit SteelSeries.com and join the conversation at @SteelSeries.
KontrolFreek® is the creator of Performance Gaming Gear™ and the leader of FreekNation, a global community of more than four million gamers. By combining the latest in ergonomics and advanced materials, the company's lines of Performance Thumbsticks®, Performance Grips, Precision Rings, Gaming Cables, and other high-quality products enhance the player experience by maximizing comfort and precision. KontrolFreek's products for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC are available in more than 9,000 stores across 40 countries. KontrolFreek is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, and owned by SteelSeries, the worldwide leader in gaming peripherals and esports peripherals.
About Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
Alongside a thriving professional esports scene and a community of over 70 million registered players, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege puts players in the middle of a fast-paced, ever-evolving multiplayer experience grounded in the selection of unique Operators. Using the right mix of tactics and destruction, Rainbow Six teams engage their enemies in sieges, where both sides have exclusive skills and gadgets at their disposal. Defenders prepare by transforming the environments around them into modern strongholds, while attackers use recon drones to gain intel for carefully planning their assault. With access to dozens of Operators inspired by real world counter-intelligence agents from around the globe, players can choose exactly how they want to approach each challenge they encounter. Through the constant addition of new Operators and maps that add to the depth of both strategy and combat, the unpredictability of each round of Rainbow Six Siege sets a new bar for intensity and competition in gaming.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Just Dance, Watch Dogs, and Tom Clancy’s video game series including Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and The Division. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2020-21 fiscal year, Ubisoft generated net bookings of €2,241 million. To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2021 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Tom Clancy’s, Rainbow Six, the Soldier Icon, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are registered or unregistered trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.
+1 (971) 284-7984
Chicago, Aug. 6, 2021